Tuesday 28 May 2013

Three Beinns, Goatfell, Happy Days!

I'm at my happiest wandering the mountains of home and I'm incredibly lucky that my local peaks are so astonishingly brilliant. This week I've had a real treat.  On Sunday, I was on the Three Beinns, (Beinn a Chliabhain, Beinn Tarsuinn, and Beinn Nuis), with Erin and Casey from the US, and today I was working for the Lochranza Field Centre  who have a school group staying with them who were keen to do a mass assault on Goatfell.  Despite being a large group, they were a lovely bunch of young people and we had a ball in the sunshine with great views and good company. Happy Days!

Above Glen Rosa, looking out towards Brodick Bay on the Three Beinns Walk.

Beinn Nuis is on the left in the cloud, Beinn Tarsuinn sneaking out on the Right.

The Old Man of Tarsuinn.

The remains of a B54 Liberator that crashed on Beinn Nuis in August 1943.



Another day, another dollar.... Stunning views on the way to Goatfell.....

....And even better ones from the top! This is Cir Mhor and Caisteal Abhail.

No comments: