Thursday 22 August 2013

Knoydart Expedition 2013

I'm fortunate that my work takes me to some fantastic places, and this week was no exception, as I was part of a team supervising a Gold Practice DofE expedition in Knoydart. I've done this route before, in better weather, when the ground was so dry that finding water to drink was tricky.  This time Knoydart was her more typical watery self.

The adventure begins here.... the train from Glenfinnan to Mallaig.

Rough old crossing to Inverie on the Knoydart Peninsula

A mucky morning for some nav practice and a trek through the glens to the northwest

It brightened up for a paradise camp

Bliss....

Passing remote hamlets on the west coast... a landing craft.... why not?

Heading back towards Inverie and a night in Gleann Meadail.

Climbing up through the Glen the next morning.

Scary bridge at the Carnach

Good timing, arriving at Sourlies at low tide and in time for lunch.

Leaving Sourlies as the rain sets in.

I'm in love with the high pass to Glen Dessary.... The "Rough Bounds"

Final day was VERY wet. A soggy climb from up to the pass in to Glenfinnan.



No comments: