Monday 22 September 2008

Summer Arrives for the Outdoor Festival


Perhaps it is true that if you hope for something enough it will come your way. This weekend's festival has been blessed by dry weather (almost) every day. It is Monday evening, and I'm about to go for a well deserved plate of fish and chips at the Pierhead Tavern, but before I do I thought I would post this picture of a group stomping up to the summit of Caisteal Abhail. It is a really exciting summit, with a little clamber to get to the very top, but the views and the sense of achievement make it all worthwhile.

The festival has been brilliant fun, and I have been loving getting out on the hill everyday. Everyone has been really up for it and for me, a big part of the fun has been meeting so many brilliant people who enjoy the outdoors.

No comments: